Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Broken Peace Is Costly

I heard it hit. When I arrived home, I saw the damage; a rock or something broke the tail light on my car which was fresh out of the shop. The first thing we did was to put clear packing tape over the hole like a band aid (I was going to say my wife did it, but to preserve the piece at home, I will take the "credit"). Then, I called the car dealer and arranged to take the car in for repairs. The car dealer called me back and said that it would cost $253 to repair. "$253.00? Really? That much to repair the broken piece? It's just a little tail light." The voice on the other end of the phone told me that the cost was not only to repair the broken piece, but also for the labor to repair the broken piece by putting the new piece in. Believe it or not, they had to take the bumper off the car to repair the broken piece. Now that I look back at it, I have to admit that I think I reacted more to that broken piece of tail light than I do to broken peace around me, to the broken piece in our world. Just how far will I, will we, go for peace? Check out BREAD. org., ONE.org, and sojo.org. 2007 PEACE School is August 6-10 from 9 am-12 noon. Who knows, perhaps we may plan an evening for adults.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home